There is always demand for good quality residential property to let at a sensible price.
For a valuation you can trust, whether you are looking to let your property or are just interested in finding out more we will provide you with a full market appraisal; free of charge and without any obligation.
• Free Advertising
• Escorted Viewings and Initial Tenant Assessment
• Comprehensive Tenant Referencing
• Arrangement on your behalf of EPC (Energy Performance Certificate), Gas & Electrical Safety Checks
• Preparation of Legal Agreements and Notices
• Preparation of Condition Report and Inventories
• Deposit to DPS (Deposit Protection Service) in line with legislation
• Notification to Utility Companies
Our Management Service also includes:
• Maintenance Service
• Outgoing Condition Report
• Deposit Return Rent Collection
• Property Inspections
Landlord Fees & Charges
We offer a range of service level options to suit you.
The fees for each service level options are as follows:
- 1. Full Managed Service: £180 inc VAT (£150 + VAT) set up fee, plus 16.8% inc VAT (14% + VAT) of the monthly rental income.
- 2. Rent Collection & Inspection Service: £198 inc VAT (£165 + VAT) set up fee, plus 12% inc VAT (10% + VAT) of the monthly rental income.
- 3. Introduction Service: 96% in VAT (80% + VAT) of the first month’s rent for introducing you to a tenant.
- 4. Finder’s Fee: £360 inc VAT (£300 + VAT) one off fee for introducing you to a tenant.
Tenant Fees & Charges
From June 1st 2019, as a result of the Tenants Fee Ban Act, tenants will only have to pay limited fees for setting up and concluding a tenancy agreement as well as a limited number of charges during the tenancy.
If you like a property and wish to proceed with it, you will be required to pay a holding deposit of up to 1 weeks rent to reserve the property whilst you complete the necessary application paperwork and provide ID and additional information.
If you are not successful with your application as a result of you providing incorrect information such as earnings or failure to disclose issues in your credit history and subsequently not in a position to move forward with the tenancy within 14 days, this holding deposit will be forfeited.
If the landlord withdraws the property for any reason other than your unsuitability, then the holding deposit will be returned to you.
Other fees which may apply during the tenancy such as loss of keys or replacement security devices (cost of replacement), changes to the signed tenancy agreement (£60 inc VAT), failure to pay rent due (3% above Bank of England base rate interest on arrears) and early release from a signed fixed term tenancy agreement (remainder of rent due for the fixed term plus the landlord’s re-letting costs). Pets may be considered on a tenancy at an increased rent, detailed on advertising of the property.
The only charges other than the holding deposit will be rent (1 month in advance) and security deposit (equivalent to 5 weeks rent).
For Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements, our minimum period is 6 MONTHS.
For your re-assurance, Steve Gooch Lettings have client money protection through ARLA Propertymark to protect the clients money, such as rents and deposits, received, all security deposits are lodged with the Deposit Protection Service and are compliant with all current legislation and our chosen redress provider is The Property Ombudsman.
CLIENT MONEY PROTECTION SCHEME
Client Money Protect (CMP) is a Government-authorised membership scheme for lettings and property agents in the UK to protect the clients money, such as rents and deposits, received by our members. As members of CMP, Steve Gooch Lettings can assure that your money is protected, all deposits are lodegs with the Deposit Protection Scheme and we are compliant with all current legislation.
To view our current membership certificate please CLICK HERE
To view our client money handling procedures please CLICK HERE
If you are an existing tenant...
How to Report a Problem or Repair
Under the terms of your agreement you have a duty to report any problems or repairs required to the property.
During office hours (9am to 5.30pm):
Phone: 01531 822829
In an Emergency out of office hours please refer to the list of emergency contact numbers previously given to you. For a full list of emergency contact numbers please CLICK HERE
If you have any other query relating to your tenancy please contact us and one of our lettings team will contact you as soon as possible.