About Us...We're Proud To Be Different!
We don’t feel the need to compete with the new wave of online DIY agencies. We have become renowned for our professional and friendly service, coupled with traditional values and principles. If you want a quick, convenient, hassle-free sale, then you’ve come to the right place.
Steve Gooch Estate Agents has been established since 1985, opening our first office in Newent. Since then we have grown to a network of 4 offices specialising in Residential Sales; a firm of Surveyors & Valuers, a Mortgage Advice Bureau as well as Lettings & Property Management covering Newent, Gloucester the Forest of Dean and also the Herefordshire borders to provide you with a complete service.
Here’s just a few of the reasons why you should choose us…
- Accompanied viewings at a time to suit you: Our offices are open from 8.30am to 7pm from Monday to Friday, and 8.30am to 5.30pm on Saturday. Yet we know that your potential buyers may be busy. With this in mind, we do our utmost to arrange viewings on days and times that are most convenient for both yourself and the viewer in order to give us the best chance of selling your home quickly.
- Our staff go the extra mile: We’re confident that we have the best staff in the industry! We only employ highly trained staff who meet the core values of our company – dedicated, loyal, knowledgeable, hardworking and excellent communicators. Our team strive to be the best in the business. Exceeding customers’ expectations and getting you the best possible price for your property is our primary goal. We’ll never remove the option to have face-to-face conversations with our staff, therefore you can pop into any of branches and there will be someone available to speak to you. You can also directly contact any member of staff, via email or phone and we will be happy to help you.
- Family owned business, since 1985: Steve Gooch and his family have owned and run the company since it launched in 1985. As new members of the family have joined the company, they have ensured that Steve’s motto of ‘Do what you say you will’ remains their focus and hold themselves accountable for continuing to make us the first choice for selling your house.
- Four offices all working for you: Our branches are linked together by a Cloud based computer system designed so that every property we market can be seen by all 4 offices which, for you, is like having 4 estate agencies promoting your sale with the simplicity of dealing with 1 office.
- Stress-free sale: Buying and selling property can be a stressful time. There’s a lot of paperwork to chase, phone calls to make and emails to be sent. Do you have the time, expertise or patience to handle all of this on your own? If you chose an online DIY agency, you’ll be put in this position. If you choose us, we promise to take the burden of all this hard work off your shoulders and will drive the sale forward as smoothly and quickly as possible.
- We’re the exclusive members of The Guild of Property Professionals in our areas: As a network of 800 carefully selected agents, our membership to The Guild of Property Professionals is further proof that we are reputable, experienced agents who are audited to ensure we observe best practice. We are also able to access a wide range of marketing materials to ensure your property is marketed properly, including at their office in Park Lane, London. Choosing a Guild Member ensures you are in safe hands.
- Marketing tailored to you: As standard, your property will be listed on our website and the top property search sites, including Rightmove, Zoopla and Prime Location. As a Guild member, your property will also feature on their website. Our For Sale boards always attract attention. We are active on social media to reach a wide audience. We operate a sophisticated database to match your property to potential buyers who we will then email, call and/or post your property details to encourage viewings.
- One all-inclusive fee on a no sale, no fee basis: If you instruct us, you won’t pay a penny until the sale of your property has completed. There are no up-front fees or additional costs, unlike the national DIY online agencies. You’ll receive high quality, comprehensive property details, a full set of photos, For Sale board, a full marketing campaign, escorted viewings, a dedicated sales progression team, and a local office with staff on hand to help you.
- Additional services: We are more than just a residential sales agency, we also offer a lettings management service, chartered surveyors and valuers, auctions, EPC’s, in house mortgage services, and commercial property services.